Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I'm a Dreamer

I discovered another opportunity for improvement in my personality...

I know someone who doesn't like "Imagine" by John Lennon and I know another someone who doesn't like "If I had a Hammer" performed by Peter Paul and Mary...

I'm not sure but I think I will never be close to these people because I believe they are just plain evil - I mean its not the musical qualities they dislike but the message..

Imagine's message is that we can all get along if we get rid of our attachments. Duh!

If I had a Hammer's message is that we should do what's right day and night to bring up our community and neighbors - to defend them and protect them from danger - to work towards unity and love...

How can someone not like these messages?

Basically I am assuming based on my conversations with these people that they are against these because they are anti-hippie. I wonder how many things that are "good for me" or "great ideas" I reject because they have somehow been associated with something I have let myself become intolerant against...

i.e. I don't like jewelers, jewelers promote giving, therefore I don't give as much... Doesn't seem right does it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home