Monday, February 21, 2005

Blessings

The thing about counting my blessings that I like the most is that I end up with a surprisingly large list. I think about it being akin to the tootsie pop comercial "Mr. Turtle, how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?" - There are just too many to count.

But let us try all the same shall we?

Physical Health: I am able bodied. I can walk and run long enough distances. When I move around, I feel joy. I am comfortable moving around, standing up, sitting down, jumping, sliding around my hard wood floors (using my socks like skates).

Spiritual Health: I hunger for growth. I take joy from helping others. I am so thankful that I have good within me and evil. That they are both there. I've got a "little devil" and a "little angel" side of me that promote healthy internal dialog to know when what I am doing is right or wrong. Many times I choose "wrong," but I becoming more aware of ways to make better choices and pick lesser wrongs and, occasionally, actual "rights."

Economics: My only debt is my house right now; I have an emergency safety net in the bank. I have a monthly budget. I am putting %6 away into a 401K. I am thankful that my employer treats me very well, paying me a good amount to do things I love and providing healthcare benefits as well.

Friends: I am thankful for discovering a variety of new friends, and rediscovering old ones in the last six months. I am thankful that I meet with these friends on a regular basis and have a terrific time.

My House: I am thankful to have a home that provides me so much space; it is tremendous to live in a quiet neighborhood.

Romance: I am thankful that I have a spouse who can be strong when I am weak, and whom I can be strong for when she is weak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home